GBT is committed to the success and longevity of the communities we serve. Since we are a utility, we have access to the United States Department of Agriculture’s Rural Development Loan and Grant Program (REDLG) which makes 0% loans available for rural economic development, job creation, and community facilities. Business start-ups and business expansions can apply for up to $1 million in loans; and community development projects can apply for up to $300,000 in loans. For more information on this, contact Kara Jecha at 785-372-4236, kjecha@GBTlive.com, or stop by our Rush Center office and visit with her about your project!
Rush Co. Memorial Hospital, LaCrosse – Community Development Loan (new CT scanner)
Ellis Days Inn – Business Start-Up Loan
BTI, Ness City – Business Development Loan
St. John Marketplace, Business Start -Up Loan
USDA 0% Loans
USDA 0% Interest Loans Available through GBT for Rural Economic Development, Job Creation, and Community Facilities Business start-up and expansion projects can apply for up to $1,000,000. Community development projects can apply for up to $300,000.
Eligible activities include:
- business start-up
- business expansion
- community development
Examples of activities not eligible include, but are not limited to:
- refinancing of existing debt
- speculative land purchases
- projects of residential nature
- transfer of ownership without expansion
- 100% working capital loans
- agricultural production
Projects must demonstrate they are economically viable AND have job creation potential by providing:
- business plan containing projected balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, and a market/feasibility study;
- a letter of intent from a lending institution to issue a “Declining Irrevocable Letter of Credit” ;
- at least 20% supplemental funding of the total project cost by applicant.
For more information, contact Kara Jecha at 785-372-4236 or via email at email@example.com.
Area Contacts for Economic & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
GBT’s commitment to the success and longevity of the communities we serve involves working with area professionals in both Economic Development and Community Development. Here’s a link to the Resource Partners for our area!